Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the web. Servings are approximate as it depends on how big you cut them.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (regular oatmeal, not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups jam (your choice of flavor) or 1 1⁄2 cups preserves (your choice of flavor)
- Preheat over to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients except for jam and mix well.
- Pat three-fourths of dough into bottom of pan.
- Spread jam evenly over top of dough.
- Crumble remaining dough over jam.
- Bake 30 minutes. Cool in pan, then cut onto 2 inch squares.
This is a winner at my house. I use butter instead of margarine and I add about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the oatmeal mixture. Also, a rather obvious hint, the jam or preserves are more spreadable at room temperature.
Excellent! I used butter instead of margarine and walnuts instead of almonds... Scrumptious with raspberry jam(heaven!)--everyone devoured these! a keeper!