Recipe by christine anne coleman
Oatmeal cookies with a lot more than you bargained for and less calories per cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups Quaker Oats (non-instant)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 4 ingredients.
- Add in the cinnamon, egg beater and vanilla and milk.
- Mix the flours, meal, baking soda and cinnamon and nutmeg in a seperate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- add the milk.
- Then add the oats, raisins and cranberries.
- Using a scoop (no bigger than 1/4 cup serving) place these on a non-stick pan and bake for 10-15 minutes (depends on how goey in hte middle you want them) at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before eating.