Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
An easy breakfast for a baby 8 months and older.
Make and share this Oatmeal and Bananas Breakfast (Baby Food) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup infant formula or 1⁄2 cup breast milk or 1⁄2 cup juice
- 1⁄3 cup sliced banana
- 1⁄4 cup infant formula or 1⁄4 cup breast milk or 1⁄4 cup juice
- Combine oats and 1/2 cup formula in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mash banana and 1/4 cup formula with a fork.
- Combine banana and oatmeal mixtures.
My 1 year old liked this and ate about half of it, so I will probably cut the recipe in half next time. Thanks for posting this excellent recipe. It is definitely something I will make again!
My son loved this from about 6 months--now that he's 16 months old I give him the banana slices to feed himself and a bowl of oatmeal and it's still his favorite breakfast by far!
I used to make this for my daughter and she loved it. Thanks for posting a great recipe!