Recipe by foxysnana
This is one of my newly adopted recipes. I tossed this together tonight while fixing dinner. Very quick and easy dessert. I used regular apple butter, but no added sugar apple butter could be used as well.
Top Review by Wendy13
This was good. I used pumpkin butter because that's what I had. I'm looking forward to trying it with apple butter! I bet that is even better. I'm thinking apple butter and maybe a very thin layer of apples too. Thanks for sharing. I'll definately make this again.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup apple butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter and beat with electric mixer on low until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat half of the mixture, about 2 cups into baking pan.
- Spread apple butter evenly over crumb layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over apple butter and press down gently.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 16 bars.