Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my newly adopted recipes. I tossed this together tonight while fixing dinner. Very quick and easy dessert. I used regular apple butter, but no added sugar apple butter could be used as well.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup apple butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter and beat with electric mixer on low until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat half of the mixture, about 2 cups into baking pan.
- Spread apple butter evenly over crumb layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over apple butter and press down gently.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 16 bars.
This was good. I used pumpkin butter because that's what I had. I'm looking forward to trying it with apple butter! I bet that is even better. I'm thinking apple butter and maybe a very thin layer of apples too. Thanks for sharing. I'll definately make this again.
Loved this recipe! I used pumpkin butter instead, swapped out granola for oats, and Splenda for sugar and used double the cinnamon and filled it up with some caramel drizzle! Oh this recipe turned out great! I made these for my sister's neighbor's cousin's potluck and they were a big hit! Everyone LOVED them and they disappeared faster than we could put them out! Everyone raved about them! What a great fall comfort food!
Found this recipe when looking for a recipe with apple butter, tried it out, and oh my gosh! It was delicious! Both my hubby and I loved it.