Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my newly adopted recipes. I tossed this together tonight while fixing dinner. Very quick and easy dessert. I used regular apple butter, but no added sugar apple butter could be used as well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter and beat with electric mixer on low until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat half of the mixture, about 2 cups into baking pan.
- Spread apple butter evenly over crumb layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over apple butter and press down gently.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 16 bars.
This was good. I used pumpkin butter because that's what I had. I'm looking forward to trying it with apple butter! I bet that is even better. I'm thinking apple butter and maybe a very thin layer of apples too. Thanks for sharing. I'll definately make this again.
Found this recipe while looking for something to serve as a light dessert after a grilled dinner. They disappeared in half an hour between 9 people. Next time, will make 1 1/2 batches and use 13x9 pan, these were absolutely awesome! Thank you for sharing.
These are delicious bars. Kind of old fashioned tasting. We really enjoyed them. They can be made in no time and smell divine while baking. Thanks for sharing the recipe.