Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Martha Stewart cookie recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, butter, flaxseed, water, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in oats and almonds.
- Drop mixture by level tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Spray the underside of a metal spatula with nonstick cooking spray, and use to flatten cookies into 2 1/2-inch disks.
- Bake until golden, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheets. (Handle with care; cookies are fragile.).