Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almonds on cookie sheet; toast 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, set aside.
- Do not turn oven off.
- Combine honey, egg whites, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add oats and toasted almonds; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
I thought the flavor of these was good, with the toasted nuts, and faint sweetness. They simply didn't hold together for me at all. Even the ones that made it to the cooling rack intact crumbled after they were cool. If I were to make them again, I would spread them out on the cookie sheet like granola and make a munchie-type snack instead.
These cookies are great to have if u are on a diet or not. I am and i love to eat them before and after my workouts. They taste good and still are very healthy, it helps me stick to my diet too when I am craving something sweet. They are very easy to make and I had all of the ingredients already on hand. Thanks for the great recipe. Oh and I added raisins.
These cookies fell apart for me too, although I used one egg beaten well instead of two egg whites. The flavour was good, but mostly just tasted sweet. It is definitely more like granola and would probably be better baked that way. I gave them four stars because they were so easy and fast, and would be great to whip up and bring along on a trip.