Recipe by Queen of Cups
Wonderful sweet little oatcakes! My husband's mother made them for him as an occasional breakfast treat, but they're sweet enough to be dessert.
Top Review by Anu
These were very tasty, but a bit too buttery for my liking. Next time I'll try this with half the amount of butter and see how it turns out. I'd also want to try maple syrup instead of corn syrup.
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Let it bubble together for 20 seconds, taking care not to let it burn.
- Add oatmeal and stir over heat till it is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup.
- Pack mixture into 12 muffin tins, dividing equally.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours, or freeze 20-30 minutes.
- Loosen by running knife around edges, gently slide out.