1/3 Photos of Oataroons
Who doesn't love a healthy cookie?! Adapted from Lean and Luscious and Meatless by Bobbie Hinman; I got this recipe from www.CoopFoodStore.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Lightly oil a baking sheet or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Beat the egg white on medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy.
- 4Add cream of tartar and beat on high speed until stiff.
- 5Gradually, slowly add sugar beating well after each addition.
- 6Beat in almond extract.
- 7Gently fold in walnuts and oats.
- 8Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- 9Bake about 12 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned.
- 10Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutritional Facts for Oataroons
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g