Recipe by Roosie
Who doesn't love a healthy cookie?! Adapted from Lean and Luscious and Meatless by Bobbie Hinman; I got this recipe from www.CoopFoodStore.com.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat the egg white on medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat on high speed until stiff.
- Gradually, slowly add sugar beating well after each addition.
- Beat in almond extract.
- Gently fold in walnuts and oats.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.