Chef Glaucia's Note:
These scones are so tender and delicious ( and good for you !!! ) ! If you prefer, serve them warm with orange marmelade instead of the orange glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- 3With a fork or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Stir in raisins.
- 4Whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the liquid all at once to the bowl. Lightly, mix with a fork only until the dough is evenly moistened; it will come together but still be a little wet.
- 6Scoop the dough by the generous tablespoon, placing the scones 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Wet your fingers and smooth out the tops a bit. Let them sit for 5 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the liquid.
- 7Bake until the tops and edges are light golden brown, 25 to 27 minutes.
- 8Remove the scones from the oven and cool on the pan on a rack for 15 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- 9Glaze: Whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl until the glaze has no lumps. Brush over the tops of the cooled scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Scones With Orange Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g