Recipe by ElleFirebrand
These are a tasty change of pace from regular muffins. They are lower in fat than most muffins. From Betty Crocker's "New Choices" cookbook. Recipe can easily be doubled to make 12 muffins.
Top Review by Ceezie
I thought this was a pretty good muffin - be sure to use quick cooking oats or they are a bit tough in the oat department. I also forgot the yogurt and added a whole egg. They taste natural - thanks
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 peach, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray medium muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix oats and yogurt (or buttermilk) in bol. Beat in brown sugar, oil, molasses, vanilla and egg white.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except peaches, just until flour is moistened. (Mixture will be lumpy.) Fold in peaches.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.