Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are a tasty change of pace from regular muffins. They are lower in fat than most muffins. From Betty Crocker's "New Choices" cookbook. Recipe can easily be doubled to make 12 muffins.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 peach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray medium muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix oats and yogurt (or buttermilk) in bol. Beat in brown sugar, oil, molasses, vanilla and egg white.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except peaches, just until flour is moistened. (Mixture will be lumpy.) Fold in peaches.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.