Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mix these up in minutes to make any morning feel like a week-end
Make and share this Oat Peach Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh peaches, 1/4 inch pieces or 1⁄4 cup well-drained canned peach slices or 1⁄4 cup frozen and thawed peach slices
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of six (6 oz.) custard cups,or 10 large muffin cups,or 12 muffin cups.
- Mix oats and buttermilk in large bowl.
- beat in oil,molasses,vanilla and egg with fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened.
- Divide batter among cups (cups will be full).
- If using custard cups,place on cooking sheet.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean,custard cups 20 to 25 minutes,muffin cups 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cups.
- 6 jumbo,10 large or 12 medium muffins.
- Note: Dates or raisins can be substituted for the peaches.
I enjoyed these moist, delicious muffins. I ran short of the molasses, so I added half black strap molasses and half dark agave nectar and it still made a great muffin. I can't wait for peach season to try these with fresh peaches! And maybe a crumble on top.... MMMmmm....