Recipe by Outta Here
These pancakes are made with oatmeal ground to a flour. No wheat flour. I serve these with soy protein sausage links (BOCA brand) and a little pure maple syrup or blue agave nectar (a low-glycemic syrup).
Top Review by squeakiest
Wonderful recipe. Was surprisinly fluffy yet very filling. I substituted soy milk for the regular milk though. Makes 1 1/2 belgian waffles. Thanks to Dreamer for suggesting serving with apple sauce. Was a yummy touch! I have only been eliminating wheat from my diet for almost 2 months now and these satisfied my texture craving very well. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oats in a blender or food processor and blend about one minute, or until ground to a flour consistency.
- Combine oat flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Combine egg, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture; mix until just moist. Allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick large skillet or gridle over medium heat.
- When hot, pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on surface of pancake. Turn over and cook until lightly browned.