Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite way to make beer bread. I have increased the "health factor" with wheat flour, flax, oats and Splenda! Feel free to use 2T sugar in place of the splenda if you aren't a fan of the sweetener.
- 295.73 ml self rising flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds
- 14.79 ml flax seed
- 14.79 ml flax seed meal
- 340.19 g bottle dark beer
- 14.79 ml Splenda brown sugar blend (may sub 2T of Splenda)
- Place all flour, oats, seeds and sweetener in a large bowl and give it a stir or two.
- Dump in the beer and stir only until just mixed. Do NOT overmix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan; feel free to sprinkle some extra oats on top to make it look pretty.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
i used a cast iron skillet and it took 30 minutes to cook used 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder no salt because sunflower seeds had enough because i didnt have self rising flour topped with oats and sunflower seeds nice bread easy zaar tour 6
This was a delicious bread, light and tasty yet with a nice crust (which I did as suggested as an option in Step #3, and I add extra oats on top of the bread). This bread would be great for nearly any meal. I also put slices in my toaster and put on a little boysenberry jelly and had a few slices for breakfast, too. Thanks for sharing your recipe, JanuaryBride. Made for Zaar World Tour #6.