Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is my favorite way to make beer bread. I have increased the "health factor" with wheat flour, flax, oats and Splenda! Feel free to use 2T sugar in place of the splenda if you aren't a fan of the sweetener.
Top Review by Dienia B.
i used a cast iron skillet and it took 30 minutes to cook used 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder no salt because sunflower seeds had enough because i didnt have self rising flour topped with oats and sunflower seeds nice bread easy zaar tour 6
- 1 1⁄4 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend (may sub 2T of Splenda)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all flour, oats, seeds and sweetener in a large bowl and give it a stir or two.
- Dump in the beer and stir only until just mixed. Do NOT overmix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan; feel free to sprinkle some extra oats on top to make it look pretty.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.