This is a wheat-free recipe but may still contain gluten. From Bob's Red Mill as contributed by contributed from All Allergy Self-Help Cookbook by Marjorie Hunt Jones, RN . Posted in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first two ingredients together; stir in water, then feel for consistency (the dough should be soft, but not wet, and mold easily).
- 2As you stir, the dough will form a ball (add more water if necessary).
- 3Pinch off four balls of dough about the size of golf balls.
- 4Roll them in a little additional flour to coat well.
- 5Knead each ball a bit as you pat or roll it into a flat circle that is about 1/8 inch thick and 5 inches across.
- 6Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle (no oil or grease).
- 7Place each tortilla in the hot pan and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- 8Tortillas should become lightly brown and start to appear dry.
- 9Cool on wire racks.
- 10Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Flour Wraps/Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g