Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wheat-free recipe but may still contain gluten. From Bob's Red Mill as contributed by contributed from All Allergy Self-Help Cookbook by Marjorie Hunt Jones, RN . Posted in response to a recipe request.
- Mix the first two ingredients together; stir in water, then feel for consistency (the dough should be soft, but not wet, and mold easily).
- As you stir, the dough will form a ball (add more water if necessary).
- Pinch off four balls of dough about the size of golf balls.
- Roll them in a little additional flour to coat well.
- Knead each ball a bit as you pat or roll it into a flat circle that is about 1/8 inch thick and 5 inches across.
- Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle (no oil or grease).
- Place each tortilla in the hot pan and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Tortillas should become lightly brown and start to appear dry.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze.