Recipe by mollypaul
This is a wheat-free recipe but may still contain gluten. From Bob's Red Mill as contributed by contributed from All Allergy Self-Help Cookbook by Marjorie Hunt Jones, RN . Posted in response to a recipe request.
Top Review by Chief cook and bottlewasher
Well these completely fell apart but the little chunks tasted good. I'm not sure if it is just the nature of oat flour and it needs another type of flour that holds together better or if we needed to add fat or more water. I was going to make quesadillas for the kids with them but with the pieces they were more like nachos.
- 1 cup oat flour (Bob's Red Mill preferred)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix (store bought, Taco Seasoning Mix or your own recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first two ingredients together; stir in water, then feel for consistency (the dough should be soft, but not wet, and mold easily).
- As you stir, the dough will form a ball (add more water if necessary).
- Pinch off four balls of dough about the size of golf balls.
- Roll them in a little additional flour to coat well.
- Knead each ball a bit as you pat or roll it into a flat circle that is about 1/8 inch thick and 5 inches across.
- Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle (no oil or grease).
- Place each tortilla in the hot pan and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Tortillas should become lightly brown and start to appear dry.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze.