Me and my husband have both been diagnosed with high cholesterol. Unfortunately neither of us likes oatmeal in a bowl (which I believe can lower cholesterol levels if eaten daily), so I tweaked a pancake recipe to make it heart healthy with the benefits of oats. To our surprise they turned out fantastic! Hope you'll add them to your heart healthy diet as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl mix the top 7 dry ingredients together.
- 2Place the remaining 3 liquid ingredients in a four cup pyrex measuring cup and blend well.
- 3Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix with a whisk just until blended.
- 4Do not overmix.
- 5Heat a griddle to medium heat.
- 6Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 7Pour 3/4 a cup mix per pancake onto griddle.
- 8Cook on medium heat for 1-3 minutes until bubbles form, flip and cook the other side for about a minute.
- 9Top with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Flour Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 550.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 7.9 g