Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Me and my husband have both been diagnosed with high cholesterol. Unfortunately neither of us likes oatmeal in a bowl (which I believe can lower cholesterol levels if eaten daily), so I tweaked a pancake recipe to make it heart healthy with the benefits of oats. To our surprise they turned out fantastic! Hope you'll add them to your heart healthy diet as well.
- In a large bowl mix the top 7 dry ingredients together.
- Place the remaining 3 liquid ingredients in a four cup pyrex measuring cup and blend well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix with a whisk just until blended.
- Do not overmix.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 3/4 a cup mix per pancake onto griddle.
- Cook on medium heat for 1-3 minutes until bubbles form, flip and cook the other side for about a minute.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
This is a very good recipe for pancakes. I prepared the pancakes with no change to the recipe, except for chocolate chips and bananas. The pancakes were light, fluffy with great flavor. This will be my go to recipe for pancakes. Note: I used finely ground oats for this recipe (1/2 cup).
Loved this recipe. I adapted it to make it gluten free for my family and exchanged the 1/2 of flour to 1/2 GF AP flour and added 1/2 tsp of Xanthan gum. Really yummy!
These were excellent! I used just over 1/2 a cup of rolled oats and I subbed truvia for the sugar. We topped these golden gems with a peanut butter syrup and they were SO delish!