Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the Banana bread I make for days I skip breakfast, or want I something kinda sweet before bed. I really came up with this through trial and error. I wanted a banana bread that was healthy enough that I didn't hate myself when I went back for another slice. The oat flour and ground flax I use are the Bob's Red Mill brand. This can easily be made into muffins.
THE DRY STUFF
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
THE WET STUFF
- 1 cup mashed banana (two large)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees ferenhight.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl thouroughly combine the wet ingrediants.
- 3. In a seperate bowl thouroughly combine the dry ingrediants.
- 4. pour wet ingrediants into dry ingrediants and stir until completely mixed.
- 5. spray a pan with baking spray. I use a glass deep dish pie pan, about 9".
- 6. pour batter into pan, and bake for 50 minute.
- 7. remove and cool on baking rack.
- 8. enjoy.