- 12 sage leaves, chopped or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
- 4 large chicken breasts (8 if small)
- 6 tablespoons porridge oats
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons french-style mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill till sizzling hot. (You can also use a buttered heavy-bottomed frying pan).
- Combine the chopped sage leaves with oats, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Flatten chicken pieces to uniform thickness with a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy frying pan.
- Coat the pieces with the herbed oat mixture.
- Grill each escalope for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with steamed green beans and mashed potatoes.