Recipe by children from A to Z
My neighbor gave me this recipe for a healthy alternative snack for my kids. They love them and have no idea there healthy. These are also good with choc. chips and coconut. Not as good for you though, but tasty!
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup raw wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt margarine and honey slowly on stove.
- When melted add baking soda and stir with a whisk.
- Combine oats, flour, wheat germ, brown sugar and ground flax.
- Add butter mixture to oat mixture, stir until moist.
- Add raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Press into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still warm, but don't remove them or they may fall apart.
- Remove when cooled.