Recipe by Evie*
similar to Anzac biscuits (cookies)
Top Review by Cape Town Sherry
These are really great - a huge hit in our Convent: the ingredients are inexpensive and they're really easy to prepare and squeeze into the oven alongside other dishes to gain maximum energy benefits! It also helps that they're delicious. Have tried substituting honey for the syrup, and that also works quite well.
- 150 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients.
- Mix in coconut,oats and flour until combined.
- Using a measuring spoon, roll tablespoonsful into balls.
- Place on a greased oven tray allowing room for spreading.
- Flatten with a spoon.
- Bake at 180C degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.