Recipe by MI Mitten
This is a light buttery cookie that I enjoy. I belive the recipe originated from the book "Favorite Homemade Cookies and Candies." They can be a little messy when forming into balls, but I think they're worth it.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Fantastic cookie, exactly how I like it! Not too sweet and pleasantly crisp, easy to put together - just perfect. No mess at all forming the balls. Made them gluten free, and they baked 20 minutes.
Thanks for sharing this!
Made for Bargain Basement December 2010.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, salt, and soda into the creamed mixture and mix well.
- With floured hands, roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and roll in oatmeal to coat.
- Placed on greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.