Recipe by Redsie
Adapted from the book "1 Mix, 100 Muffins". These are not to sweet - so perfect for a healthy breakfast!
Top Review by blueguitargirl1985
I made these tonight for breakfast for the upcoming week. I doubled the recipe, and used 1/2 dried cranberries, and half dried cherries, and sprinkled generously with cinnamon sugar before baking. They were super simple, went together quickly, and turned out fluffy and delicious. I might introduce another flavor next time, maybe orange, and nuts would be terrific in these muffins as well. Next time, I may add a bit more brown sugar, they were perfect for me, but my daughter likes her muffins a bit sweeter. I will use this recipe a hundred different ways, thank you so much!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with 12 muffin paper liners.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, oats and cranberries.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl, then beat in the milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Let the mufins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.