1/6 Photos of Oat Cookies
This recipe comes from Queen of baking Mary Berry. It's her version of the old McVities Abbey Crunch biscuits (now no longer in production). My children love these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to Gas 4/180°C.
- 2Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- 3Put flour, oats, sugar, bicarb and baking powder in a bowl.
- 4Put the butter and syrup into a pan over a low heat, stirring until the butter combines with the syrup. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined, using your hands to keep the dough together.
- 5Turn the mixture out of the bowl and divide into 28. Shape it into balls about 2 cm thick.
- 6Arrange on the baking sheets, but not too close as they spread! Press the tops to flatten a little.
- 7Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
- 8N.B. They also freeze very well.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 94.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g