Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good hot or cold. Serve in soups, in side dish with gravy or by itself as an appetizer or snack. I found this in a vegetarian soup cookbook around 12 years ago.
- Mix first 4 ingredients.
- In another bowl beat egg whites with oil, chives, salt & pepper & work into oat mixture.
- Add just enough milk to form stiff dough.
- Shape into balls 1/2-3/4 inch wide.
- Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Carefully drop each dumpling in & cook at a steady high simmer 10-15 minutes, til they rise to the surface.
- Take out with slotted spoon & serve.
- Variations:minus chives & add baco bits. Put bullion powder in water. Use leftover water for a soup base.