Recipe by Missy #2
Slightly crispy, oat cookies. Best homemade oat cakes I've tasted. Also delicious if you dip one corner in melted chocolate and let it harden before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together shortening, margarine and sugar.
- Dissolve baking soda in warm water. Add this to the creamed mixture.
- Add flour and salt and combine.
- Mix in rolled oats.
- Roll on floured board. I roll to 1/4 inch thick or slightly less.
- Cut into squares with a knife. I cut into 3x3 squares.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-15 min or until edges are slightly crispy.