Missy #2's Note:
Slightly crispy, oat cookies. Best homemade oat cakes I've tasted. Also delicious if you dip one corner in melted chocolate and let it harden before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together shortening, margarine and sugar.
- 2Dissolve baking soda in warm water. Add this to the creamed mixture.
- 3Add flour and salt and combine.
- 4Mix in rolled oats.
- 5Roll on floured board. I roll to 1/4 inch thick or slightly less.
- 6Cut into squares with a knife. I cut into 3x3 squares.
- 7Bake at 350 F for 10-15 min or until edges are slightly crispy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 388.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g