Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Slightly crispy, oat cookies. Best homemade oat cakes I've tasted. Also delicious if you dip one corner in melted chocolate and let it harden before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream together shortening, margarine and sugar.
- Dissolve baking soda in warm water. Add this to the creamed mixture.
- Add flour and salt and combine.
- Mix in rolled oats.
- Roll on floured board. I roll to 1/4 inch thick or slightly less.
- Cut into squares with a knife. I cut into 3x3 squares.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-15 min or until edges are slightly crispy.