Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is an absolutely fabulous recipe. I often use soy milk in replace of the buttermilk. I also leave out the oil and it is a very nutritous and delicious breaksfat served with mixed berries and honey. I also often do not sit overnight but rather sit for 10 or so minutes. Another recipe from The Cook and The Chef tv show here in Australia. Time does not include overnight "sitting" time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- ground cinnamon
- Pour buttermilk over oats and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add honey, eggs and olive oil.
- Into a fresh bowl sift self raising flour.
- Add a pinch of salt and ground cinnamon.
- Pour wet mix into the flour and combine well.
- Leave at least an hour if not overnight.
- To Cook.
- Place a small piece of butter in a pan and allow to sizzle. Pour desired size into pan and cook till golden brown on first side and then flip over and repeat.
- Allow to cool a little and serve with poached peaches and crème fraiche.