1/1 Photo of Oat Bread
This is a heavy, crusty bread and is great lightly toasted and served with almost anything. Especially good with a bowl of soup! The original recipe is from Oat Cuisine cookbook that I have had for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray a non-stick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk.
- 4In a small bowl combine the lemon juice and milk.
- 5Let sit for 1 minute.
- 6Add honey to soured milk and then add to dry ingredients.
- 7Mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- 8Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 9Smooth top lightly with back of spoon if desired and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 10Bake 35 minutes or until crusty and brown.
- 11Remove to a wire rack and cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g