Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- to taste fresh mushrooms
- to taste bell pepper, cut into strips
- to taste onion, sliced
- Have a 14 inch pizza pan or 17 by 14 baking sheet ready.
- Mix flour, oat bran, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in measuring cup.
- Add one tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Stir until the yeast is dissolved and add to the flour mixture. Knead on a lightly floured surface about 5 minutes until smooth.
- Roll out into a 15 inch circle and transfer to the pizza pan.
- Pinch the dough around the edge to make a rim.
- Brush the surface with the remaining tablespoon of oil. let the dough rise in a warm draft free place 15 to 20 minutes until puffy.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile mix tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano in a small bowl.
- Spread evenly over the crust, arrange vegetables on top and sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
- Return to oven and bake 12-15 minutes longer or until cheese has melted and browned slightly.
- Let cool a few minutes before cutting into wedges.
It's so good and easy to roll. I used 1/3 whole wheat flour, 1/3 white and 1/3 oat bran .. so good
I could not get this crust to work, and I tried it twice. There was not enough liquid to bind it appropriately and, when I thought I had it into a workable mound of dough, it would not spread at all but instead crumbled. Sorry, but this had to be thrown out.