Recipe by Barb G.
Good Oat Bran Pancakes made with SPLENDA.
Top Review by violentpansy
The taste was, as mentioned before, a little bland. I also found the pancake too thin for my tastes. I added cinnamon and flour (then some bisquik for good measure) until the batter was thick and tasty. I came out with very lovely pancakes, and I love the oat bran in them! I think I will keep using this recipe with my additions.
- 1 cup hot oat bran, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat nonstick griddle or frying pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Combine oatbran, flour, SPLENDA, baking powder, soda, and salt into large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat together milk,egg using a wire whisk.
- Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Stir together until ingredients are just blended and no large lumps appear.
- Using a scant 1/4 cup, pour pancake batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until puffed, browned and slightly dry around edges, Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serving size 2 pancakes= 2 1/2 starch.