Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe makes a delicious higher fiber, healthier pancake. A whole egg can be used in place of the egg whites or egg substitute; however, that will increase the cholesterol. Dried blueberries can be added to the batter along with chopped nuts if desired.
Top Review by Terriyaki 2
Super good! My husband has been diagnosed with borderline diabetes so I have been researching good recipes for him. One thing that kept showing up was oat bran. Found your recipe and was surprised it called for Bisquick. Boy, this is so good! My husband loved them. Only made half a batch. I know if I had made the full amount he would have eaten it all! Since he needs to limit sugar and lose weight that would have defeated the purpose. HAHAHA! I will be making them every time we want pancakes. Thanks, Paula!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick (I use Baking Mix Aka "bisquick".)
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 2 egg whites or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the Bisquick, oat bran, egg whites or egg substitute, ground cinnamon and sugar if using in a medium bowl; add milk starting with 1 cup and adding additional to thin to desired consistency, beat until well blended.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, ladle the batter onto hot griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and cook until edges are dry; turn. Cook until golden brown.