I'm a confessed waffle lover. I found this in "Favorite Recipes: Quaker Oat Bran", and haven't had a chance to try it yet - mainly because I keep forgetting about this itty bitty cookbook. Looks great, and maybe someone else here will enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat waffle iron. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.
- 2Combine oat bran, flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, cloves and salt. Mix well.
- 3Whisk milk, oil and molasses until well blended. Add to dry ingredients mixing until just moistened. Do not overmix. Fold egg whites into batter.
- 4Pour about 1 cup batter onto surface of grid. Bake until steam no longer escapes from sides of iron and waffles are a deep golden brown.
- 5Serve with fruit, syrup, whatever!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Bran 'n Ginger Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 274.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g