Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm a confessed waffle lover. I found this in "Favorite Recipes: Quaker Oat Bran", and haven't had a chance to try it yet - mainly because I keep forgetting about this itty bitty cookbook. Looks great, and maybe someone else here will enjoy it too!
- Heat waffle iron. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.
- Combine oat bran, flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, cloves and salt. Mix well.
- Whisk milk, oil and molasses until well blended. Add to dry ingredients mixing until just moistened. Do not overmix. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour about 1 cup batter onto surface of grid. Bake until steam no longer escapes from sides of iron and waffles are a deep golden brown.
- Serve with fruit, syrup, whatever!