Recipe by PaulaG
This is a Weight Watchers recipe that was emailed to me. I haven't tried it yet; however, plan to in the near future. I have tried many Weight Watcher recipes and all have been very good!
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
Excellent texture and flavor! I used dried cherries and added 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips. Healthy, with just a little decadence! I also used cranberry juice instead of orange since that is what I had in. I omitted the orange zest. I will definitely makes these again. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried mixed fruit, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the fruit, oats, oat bran, flour, banana, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture is just blended, then transfer to a bowl.
- Combine milk, orange juice, egg whites, oil and orange zest in another bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to the dried fruit mixture; stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the surface of the muffins are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.