Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a Weight Watcher meeting. If made as shown, 1 mini-muffin is 0 points; full-sized muffins are 3 points, They are tasty, have a great texture, and smell wonderful when baking. There is no need to use muffin liners; these just slide right out of the pan. I know there are a ton of bran muffin recipes; I think the flax sees in this recipe makes it uniqe.
- 887.21 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, unpacked
- 22.18 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground cloves
- 14.78 ml ground cinnamon
- 226.79 g fat free egg substitute
- 425.24 g unsweetened applesauce
- 709.77 ml wheat flour, whole-grain
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 113.39 g golden seedless raisins
- 4.92 ml table salt
- 453.59 g oat bran, uncooked
- 28.34 g flax seed
- Mix cereal, sugar, & milk. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients. Add eggs & applesauce. Stir into cereal mixture.
- Spray muffin tins, no liners.
- Bake 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Knife around edges if necessary to remove.
They add up to 3 points with the Points Plus system, which is pretty good for a muffin, as many on the WW website are 4 or 5.
These are quite nice (although, I don't think they are actually 0 points, at least not with the new points system). My only critique was that there were too much cloves and that dominated the flavor. I would halve the amount of cloves next time.