Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These make a great healthy breakfast or snack on the go.
- 2 1⁄4 cups unprocessed oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center of mixture. Combine milk, egg substitute, honey, and oil; add to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into.
- muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake at 425* for 15 minute Yield: 1 dozen (121 calories per muffin).
- RAISIN OAT BRAN MUFFINS: Add 1/3 cup raisins to batter.
- BANANA OAT BRAN MUFFINS: Add ½ cup mashed ripe bananas to batter.
- BLUEBERRY OAT BRAN MUFFINS: Add ½ cup fresh or frozen (thawed) Blueberries to batter.
- APPLE-CINNAMON OAT BRAN: Add ½ cup minced apple and 1 teaspoons Ground cinnamon to batter.
- CRANBERRY OAT BRAN MUFFINS: Add ¾ cup fresh or frozen (thawed) Cranberries to batter.
These are really good! I used Quaker hot oat bran cereal, which is 100% oat bran. Add a little more brown sugar if you like them sweet.
So good! I ran out of oil, so I used melted butter - that was the only change I made. These have a delicate honey flavor and a fabulous texture. I baked these for 12 minutes. Will make these again and again!