Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Pour boiling water over oat bran and let sit for a few minutes.
- Mix egg, buttermilk, oil and sugar.
- Sift together flour,baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Add egg mixture and cereal mix until comes together.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
This was an easy way to finish off some oat bran I had lying around... unfortunately, I don't think bran muffins are very popular around here!! It was very easy to make, though, which ups the rating for me, and they did rise beautifully. I skipped the raisins and used soy milk with some vinegar in place of the buttermilk; I also used Splenda instead of the sugar. I don't think I'd make this again, but that's just a matter of preference here, not due to the recipe. Thanks for posting!!
Make sure you don't forget the raisins since it doesn't mention them in the instructions :)