Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Thomas Blake
Make and share this Oat Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 apples (peeled, cored, 1/2 shredded, 1/2 sliced)
- 2 egg whites, beaten lightly
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Add apples - and mix together.
- Make a well in the center and add apple sauce, milk, egg whites, and vanilla Stir until just moistened.
- Line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until done.
A very moist muffin! And flavorful. I might cut the amount of sugar next time just a bit, though. But this is a keeper! Made for Spring 2012 PAC game.