Recipe by MythThyng
These muffins are really actually good for you and taste great! If you don't like currants you can sub raisins, craisins, or another dried fruit. From Chris Carmichael.
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup currants
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (REAL MAPLE)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (sometimes I use Olive Oil)
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large mixing bowl combine bran, flour, baking powder & salt.
- In another bowl mix currants, milk, syrup, oil & egg.
- Combine all of the ingredients (wet & dry) and stir gently.
- There can be lumps in the batter.
- Grease a 12-muffin tin and fill each cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- **Can be refrigerated/frozen in a tightly sealed container.