2 hrs 40 mins
This is great for those who want to add more fiber to their diet and it tastes sooooo good. A winning combination.
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm water/ milk to lukewarm temperature.
- 2Melt shortening.
- 3Warm mixer bowl with warm water.
- 4Dissolve yeast in a little water.
- 5Add water/milk and shortening.
- 6Add salt and sugar.
- 7Add flour and bran.
- 8Stir all ingredients for 30 sec.
- 9Mix on Speed 2 for 2 minutes or until elastic.
- 10Dough should be moist. If it looks dry add water as needed but not more than 1/4 cup.
- 11Place dough in greased bowl and cover.Allow dough to double in size (approx 1 hour).
- 12Punch down and form into a loaf, allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- 13Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease large loaf pan.
- 14Bake for 40 minutes.
- 15I used a Kitchen Aid Mixer to mix this dough so if using a different mixer you may need to use different settings.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat Bran Bread
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 607.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g