Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious & Nutritious oat bran and banana muffins.
- 2 1⁄4 cups oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 bananas, ripe mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk or 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine oat bran, baking powder and raw sugar.
- Gradually stir in the walnuts banana, egg whites, milk and oil.
- Spoon mixture into a non-stick muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Very moist and not too sweet. They were a bit lacking in flavor, though. I would add some cinnamon and nutmeg next time. I would also make 12 smaller muffins, as they are very filling and one larger muffin was too much to eat at one time for us.