Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Heavy but moist—a cross between oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and dense vanilla pound cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat oven to 350°; butter and flour a 9x13 inch pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt until combined; set aside.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar using an electric mixer on medium speed; continue beating until pale brown and thick, about 7 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing the first to be thoroughly incorporated before adding the second.
- Scrape down the sides of bowl as necessary; after beating in the second egg for 1 minute, stir in the vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the oats and chocolate chips until combined.
- Then stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated (do not beat).
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, pressing it gently into the corners with your fingers.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and a pick comes out clean.
- Set pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut blondies into 24 pieces while they are still in the pan; carefully remove with an offset spatula.
- Serve immediately or let cool completely before covering with plastic wrap for storage at room temperature.
What a delicious slice. I found it was best cut and eaten after it was totally cooled. There was nothing I would change about it - just yum !
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. These were absolutely wonderful and I will most definitely make them again! These are better than regular chocolate chip cookie bars and they were gone in no time. Thanks for posting this ratherbeswimmin'!