Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These hearty and healthy pancakes come out light and toasty. The batter can be made the night before for real convenience.
Top Review by robertfcurtis
These were awful. My husband took a bite and didn't want to take another. My kids suffered through it but only with copious amounts of blueberry sauce. I think this recipe might make a good bran muffin recipe, but as pancakes, they were pretty inedible. Very dry, tasteless. I followed the recipe exactly except added a little cinnamon.
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oat bran, wheat germ, baking powder and sugar.
- In a measuring cup, mix milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture.
- Mix well.
- (At this point, batter can be prepared and refrigerated for up to 12 hours. Thin batter by adding milk to desired consistency.) To cook, spray skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons batter per pancake.
- Cook over medium heat until brown, about 1 minute.
- Turn and cook until brown, about 1 minute longer.
- Serve with syrup, jelly, apple butter, etc.