Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These hearty and healthy pancakes come out light and toasty. The batter can be made the night before for real convenience.
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oat bran, wheat germ, baking powder and sugar.
- In a measuring cup, mix milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture.
- Mix well.
- (At this point, batter can be prepared and refrigerated for up to 12 hours. Thin batter by adding milk to desired consistency.) To cook, spray skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons batter per pancake.
- Cook over medium heat until brown, about 1 minute.
- Turn and cook until brown, about 1 minute longer.
- Serve with syrup, jelly, apple butter, etc.
I have made these several times in the past 2 years and we enjoy them every time too! Great with syrup or fruit topping and whip cream. These are one of my favorite pancakes and we will continue to add these in with our weekend breakfasts for years to come. Thanks - Dave
I adored these pancakes. I used whole wheat flour for the white flour, rolled oats for the wheat germ (I had none but hoped oats would give something of a "nutty" taste!) & added a few tbsp of oat flour. I didn't use any sugar or oil, used a whole egg white & skim milk. I also added a bit of cinnamon. they were really fluffy & thick--and stood up well to natural PB & sliced bananas. Topped w/ sugar free syrup, I was full for hours! thank u for sharing!
Very good! Used cinnamon syrup Cinnamon Syrup with excellent results!