Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I followed a suggestion to add wheat germ to my granola mix, this is the delicious result.
Make and share this Oat and Wheat Germ Granola recipe from Food.com.
- Mix oats, sesame seeds, wheat germ and nuts in a good sized bowl.
- In another bowl or large measuring cup,measure oil, add honey, mix and pour over oat mixture.
- Stir well to blend and coat granola.
- Spread out evenly on cookie sheet or in baking pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir every 15 during baking to prevent scorching.
- Be careful not to over brown.
- Stir in dry fruits while mixture is still warm.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
I make this Oat & Wheat Germ Granola all the time. Also at times I will add ground flax seed to the granola. This is a healthy snack that you will just love!
I used Hodgson Mill Multigrain with Flax and Soy Hot Ceareal in place of the wheat germ since I didn't have any. I also omitted the nuts and replaced the dates with apricots since it's what I had on hand. It's very lightly sweet. I had to bake for just over 1 hour (probably because of my omitions and substitutions). My 3 year old won't leave it alone to cool. She's eating it hot right off the pan! It was my first time making granola, so I was pretty impressed with how easy this was.
I made this for Pick A Chef '08 and really liked it. I have been trying different granola recipes for the last 12 years and this is one of the better ones. I used flax seeds instead of sesame seeds, crushed pecans, a mixture of canola oil and olive oil, and dried cranberries instead of raisins. It's the amounts of each ingredient that makes this recipe good, not too much or little of anything. Thanks for sharing!