Recipe by Garden Girl
Hearty and delicious, a combination of a bunch of bread recipes into something wonderful that I make every two weeks at least.
Top Review by Catherine Robson
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet! We make this every time we have a hearty soup....it's wonderful & crusty and we love sunflower seeds in bread. It's just so good my kids fight over the crust ends
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups approx. white flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 2⁄3 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Take one cup warm water, combine yeast and sugar, set aside.
- The remaining 3 cups of water should be (tap) hot. Add oil, molasses, flax, sunflower seeds, oats, and salt.
- Mix in whole wheat flower.
- Mix in yeast mixture which should have risen nicely.
- Knead in white flour, adding until it is no longer sticky but is still soft.
- Allow to rise covered for an hour and a half, turning under every half hour.
- Divide into three large loaf pans, heat oven to 375'F, allow to rise in pans until oven heats up.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.