Recipe by IslandGirl
These are delicous pancakes. The recipe was in our local food store ad. Remember to soak the oats in buttermilk overnight, I didn't include this overnight step in the time.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the oil, eggs and apple to the oat mixture and mix until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in another bowl, and then mix into oat mixture until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan, lightly sprayed with vegetable oil, to medium high heat.
- Pour on 4 inch round pools of batter.
- Cook pancakes 2-3 minutes each side.
- Keep pancakes warm in a 200 degree F oven until all are cooked.
- Serve with butter and applesauce or maple syrup.