Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Good healthy fuel to start your day.
Make and share this Oat/Almond Cakes With Cream Cheese and Spreadable Fruit recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 6 teaspoons fat free cream cheese
- 6 teaspoons fruit jelly
- Put the rolled oats in a bowl and cover with the buttermilk. Let the mixture sit for five to ten minutes so the oats can soak up the buttermilk. Add the almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, almond extract and egg white. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Cook on a griddle over medium low heat just like pancakes for a few minutes per side. The mixture should make six five to six inch cakes. After you flip them, put a teaspoon of the fat free cream cheese on top and spread evenly as it melts. Finish with about a teaspoon of spreadable fruit per cake.