1/1 Photo of Oasis Orbs
I found this recipe online from the Complete Vegan Cookbook, they turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1/4 cup of the coconut on a plate and set aside.
- 2Place the rolled oats in a heavy bottomed skillet and toast for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3When they begin to turn a darker shade of tan at the edges and emit a toasted aroma, transfer the oats to the bowl of a food processor.
- 4Process on high to pulverize them to a fine meal consistency.
- 5Add the remained 1/4 cup coconut and the dates and process to finely chop them, then add the almond butter, sesame seeds, and orange peel.
- 6Add the orange juice and process until things come together to form a homogeneous mass.
- 7Add a bit more orange juice, if needed, to get the right thickness and well blended consistency.
- 8Don't add too much juice; you want the mixture to be fairly dry, not moist and mushy.
- 9Use your hands to form the mixture into balls about 1 1/2-inch in diameter, then roll the balls in the reserved shredded coconut.
- 10Place on a plate and chill for an hour or so before serving.
- 11They're also good, though a bit gooey, when eaten at room temperature.
Nutritional Facts for Oasis Orbs
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: