Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is wonderful for those busy nights! I have made this a million times! This is great doubled as well. From the OAMC cookbook.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes or 3 (28 ounce) cansplain crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large pot, cook and stir the bulk italian sausage with onions until the meat is brown; drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring sauce to a boil; reduce heat.
- Partly cover, and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- You can can also simmer in crockpot instead of a pot if desired.
- Allow sauce to cool.
- Can be frozen in containers or ziplock bags.
- To serve, thaw and heat in a sauce pan.
This is my all time favorite spaghetti sauce recipe!!! Thank you so much for posting, now I don't have to!!!