Recipe by Aurora
This is a GREAT dish that freezes very well! This recipe will make one 9x13 or two 8x8 pans. So nice to have in the freezer and pop in the oven! Great served with crusty garlic bread and a fresh green salad.
Top Review by ladypit
We enjoyed this! I made 2 in disposable pie plates and froze them both. (I did have to freeze and cook on a cookie sheet since there was some spillage.) I used turkey sausage and homemade sauce. These were easy to put together on a Saturday and made a nice dinner from the freezer. Thanks.
- 1 lb spaghetti (more or less)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 (26 ounce) jars Prego spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti till just al dente, drain.
- Brown sausage or hamburger, you may want to mix in some garlic and onion if desired, then drain well.
- Beat eggs, then mix with parsley and ricotta cheese.
- Mix spaghetti noodles and spaghetti sauce with the sausage.
- Layer half the noodle mix in a 9x13 pan (or 2 8x8 pans) then spread with ricotta mixture, sprinkling on 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining spaghetti mix.
- Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- (To freeze, cover with heavy duty foil and freeze in pan. To reheat, thaw overnight in refrigerator and bake at 350, uncovered, until warm through--about 45-50 min).
- To bake now, put in preheated 350 oven and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.