Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just a variation on chicken pot pie, but I substitute ground meat and cream of mushroom soup. I mix everything together and freeze it in a freezer bag until I am ready to bake it. Then I just thaw it out and add the crust batter.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 egg
- 1 cup baking mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix soup, 1/4 cup milk, pepper, vegetables and ground beef in 9" pie plate.
- Mix remaining milk, egg and baking mix. Pour over ground beef mixture.
- Bake until hot and topping is golden.
Very delicious and super easy to make. I did a test run before deciding to freeze. I will have to make it to freeze next time. I was hoping for leftovers, but it was gone within minutes. Next time I will double recipe. I shared this recipe with my mom and my two sisters. I cannot say enough about it. Even my kids liked it....